Trip in April/May

<<

Etalon

Leicht Verstrahlter
Leicht Verstrahlter

Beitrag Di 21. Jan 2014, 00:11

Trip in April/May

Hello,

Myself and a friend (probably two of us but a possible but unlikely third could be joining) were thinking to arrange a trip for april/may (when the weather starts to improve!). I have read through the FAQs, is the option still open? We were oringally thinking of last autum, but we ran out of time to do it due to work commitments.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Also will have a lovely new DSLR soon :D
<<

Sickranium

Zonenbewohner
Zonenbewohner

Beitrag Di 21. Jan 2014, 08:45

Re: Trip in April/May

Personally, I would choose an earlier time of the year, say late March/early April, for two reasons: first, late April and May are the busiest time in the zone. Not only may you lose time waiting in line at Dytyatky checkpoint, but that also means the zone is at its most heavily guarded. And second, once spring comes, the leaves start to block your view of the buildings. That is especially annoying since you're technically not allowed inside any of them. So if you're in bad luck, your guide sticks to the rules, and you pay quite a lot of money to walk around amidst trees that have buildings behind them....
Just my five cents...
<<

Etalon

Leicht Verstrahlter
Leicht Verstrahlter

Beitrag Mi 22. Jan 2014, 23:37

Re: Trip in April/May

Sounds sensible, my experiance of seasons in ukraine is a bit patchy!

Thanks for the heads up, that is exactly the information that is really useful to know.

Zurück zu Trips to the Zone